Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Draper Tools, sometimes, reuse previously used historic stock reference codes on totally different New to Range products. As a consequence of this the price shown here online may be incorrect. Should a customer order and pay for such incorrectly priced items they will be refunded the price paid as soon as practically possible.
Likewise, any zero priced items are not available for purchase.
Supplier: J.L.BRADSHAW & Co LTD, registered in Ireland head office, based at Carlow road, Portlaoise, Co. Laois, Ireland, Company Nr. 38451, Vat Reg: IE 9Y26665V.
Customer: the person who purchase the Goods.
Goods: the Goods ordered by the Customer from Supplier, in an order which has been accepted by the Supplier.
- Property & Title of Goods
All Goods supplied to the Customer shall remain the property of J.L.Bradshaw & Co LTD until the entire cost of the purchase is paid in full, as per the terms of the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980.
If any amount owing by the Customer to the Supplier is overdue the company may, without prejudice to any of its other rights or remedies, whether at law or under the provision of these terms and conditions of sales, repossess or resell any or all of such goods and may with or without the Customer’s permission enter upon the Customer’s premises for the purpose.
The provisions of this clause shall not entitle the Customer to refuse or delay payment on the grounds that the property in the Goods Supplier may not have passed on.
- Delivery Date
The Supplier shall use reasonable eﬀorts to meet any stated delivery date on the day of purchase, but shall not be liable (in contract, negligence or otherwise) for any loss or damage resulting from its failure to do so, howsoever caused.
Delivery Location: Delivery shall be at the Customer’s premises stated on the purchase order, unless otherwise agreed.
The risk on all Goods purchased shall pass to the Customer upon dispatch. Dispatch is deemed made when the Goods are made available to the Customer. The Supplier cannot be made responsible for delivery and uploading of the Goods at the point of delivery. In the event of Goods being returned by the Customer, the risk remains with the Customer until the Goods are delivered to the Supplier.
- Force Majeure
In the event of the performance of an obligation accepted by the supplier being prevented, delayed or in any way being interfered with by any cause beyond the supplier’s control, the supplier may at its option suspend performance or cancel its obligations under the contact without for any damages or consequential loss resulting therefrom, such suspension or cancellation being without prejudice to the supplier’s right to recover all sums owing to it in respect of costs incurred to date.
The price of Goods is the price given to the Customers from the Supplier on the day of purchase. J.L.Bradshaw & Co LTD cannot be made responsible for prices changes on price queries given from the Supplier to an early date than the purchase date. It is the responsibility of the Customer to verify the prices at the time of ordering.
Standards Terms Of Business for Issue to Customers
Unless expressly quoted as including VAT, all prices quoted verbally or invoiced are exclusive of value added tax (VAT) or any other government taxes or duties which, if applicable, shall be paid by the Customer.
- Time of Invoice
The Supplier may invoice the Customer upon dispatch of the Goods.
- Payment Terms
No representation is given as to the specification, performance or otherwise of the Goods sold, nor is any assurance given as to the liability of any data included in any publications such as catalogue, price list and marketing material. While every eﬀort is made to ensure that all publications are correct, no responsibility can be accepted for errors especially on publications including prices as we are constantly reviewing our prices to provide our Customers with the best value (subject to clause 5)
- Reservation of Title
The ownership of all goods sold by the supplier to the customer shall remain with the supplier until all debts due to the supplier from the customer have been discharged in full. This shall not preclude the customer from selling the good to a third party in the normal course of business and delivering them subject to the condition that as long as the customer has not fully discharged any debt of J.L.Bradshaw & Co LTD, J.L.Bradshaw & Co LTD shall be entitled to pursue any claims the customer has against the purchaser emanating from that transaction. On appointment of a receiver or commencement of proceedings for bankruptcy or the winding up of the business of the purchaser, the supplier’s representative or agents may repossess or trace any goods or the proceeds of sales or insurance in the purchaser.
- Consequential Loss Etc:
Subject to Clause 21, the Supplier shall not under any circumstances be liable to the Customer by reason of any representation or warranty, condition or other term or any duty of common law, or under the express terms of these conditions of sales, for any consequential, special, incidental or punitive loss or damage (whether for loss of current or future profits, loss of enterprise value or otherwise) and whether occasioned by the negligence of the Supplier, its employees or agents or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
- Non-Excludable Liability
Nothing in these conditions of sales shall exclude or limit the liability of the Supplier for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of the Supplier or any of its employees or agents, or shall they operate to exclude or limit any statutory rights which cannot be legally excluded or limited, including the statutory rights of a customer.
These terms and condition of sales shall apply to any purchase of Goods under an order which is accepted by the Supplier.
Standards Terms Of Business for Issue to Customers
- Governing Law
These conditions of sale shall be governed by Irish law.
In an eﬀort to improve our service to you, J.L.BRADSHAW & CO LTD would like to draw your attention to the terms and conditions regarding return of goods and service.
- Goods must be returned in a condition of merchantable quality, as decided by us. Any items not conforming with this will either be returned to the customer or subject to a re-boxing charge. J.L.BRADSHAW & CO LTD reserve the right to re-invoice previously credited goods to the Customer if J.L.BRADSHAW & CO LTD subsequently discover that the goods previously credited are not of merchantable quality.
- Goods must have been originally purchased from J.L.BRADSHAW & CO LTD. Goods not purchased from J.L.BRADSHAW & CO LTD will be returned to the customer. J.L.BRADSHAW & CO LTD do not accept responsibility for items not purchased from J.L.BRADSHAW & CO LTD.
- Returns must be accompanied by relevant paperwork. Should paperwork not be available, the returns may be listed by J.L.BRADSHAW & CO LTD but no responsibility can be accepted for any discrepancies. In certain cases, these goods will be returned to the customer. OBSOLETE goods and goods NOT FIT FOR STOCK will be rejected for credit.
- L.BRADSHAW & CO LTD have the right to refuse to take items back. ANY ITEMS NOT FIT FOR STOCK WILL BE RETURNED TO THE CUSTOMER.
- Goods returned AFTER 30 days from date of purchase may be subject to a handling charge as stated on all invoices. There is an automated charge of 20% of the value of the item which will apply to goods if not FIT FOR STOCK. Goods returned after 6 months, 12 months, and thereafter, will be subject to a higher handling charge.
If not fit for stock
Applied to all goods
Applied to all goods
Applied to all goods
- In the event that a business should cease trading or with the sale of a business, a minimal charge of 30% will be applied to all goods returned to J.L.BRADSHAW & CO LTD. Any goods which require repackaging will incur a charge 40%. OBSOLETE GOODS and GOODS NOT FIT FOR STOCK will be rejected for credit.
- Any queries on credit notes must be reported within One Month from date of issue of the credit note.
All goods returned under warranty must be packed and returned separately. Returning these items with Stock Returns can lead to delays with processing the claim. J.L.BRADSHAW & CO LTD will replace/issue credit on any product that proves defective as a result of improper workmanship and/or material under normal installation, usage, service and maintenance. As part of the services we oﬀer with Eure!Car, our customers who partake in Eure!Car training courses can avail of the chargeable technical helpline, for fitting issues, from Grup Eina on 01 517 5665.
J.L.BRADSHAW & CO LTD will not replace/issue credit on products that prove defective as a result of damage sustained through improper installation, maintenance and usage, and/or through other unforeseeable external circumstances. Any alterations made to products will render your warranty null and void.
The warranty period for goods is 6 to 24 months depending on product from date of first fitting. All J.L.BRADSHAW & CO LTD products are guaranteed against manufacturing defects. Goods returned under warranty must be accompanied by completed warranty paperwork. In the case of a labour claim, you must contact us first. Only J.L.BRADSHAW & CO LTD products and labour involved in fitting/removal of these products is covered under warranty. Claims for external items such as towing, liquids and other components are not covered under warranty.
The following information is required for all warranty and labour claims. This is mandatory to process All Claims:
- Account name or number.
- Vehicle registration number or full chassis number.
- Part number and quantity.
- The date the component was fitted and the date it was removed.
- The kilometres covered whilst the component was fitted.
- Full details of the fault and symptoms leading to the failure of the component.
- Engine management components must be submitted with a full diagnostic report. Batteries must be submitted with a printed test report.
- Garage invoice (not a quotation) for any work carried out. This invoice must be on headed paper and include the following: garage VAT number, registration of vehicle, date work was carried out, details of work carried out, list of parts supplied and fitted, number of hours for repair and labour rate charged, correct VAT rate for goods and services
Any goods returned under warranty which do not meet all of the above criteria will be refused and returned to the customer. This information is vital for a quick solution on warranty and helps to get a better understanding as to why the component failed. And in doing so, this help us to provide a better service to you and your local workshop.
J.L.BRADSHAW & CO LTD warranty labour rate is €40 per hour in accordance with what the vehicle manufacturer allows the workshop, when warranty work is being carried out. Warranty claim decisions can take 2-6 weeks or, in some cases, 8-12 weeks. All warranty claims are backed up with full technical support from our suppliers. Supplier/Manufacturers decisions on approval or rejection is final.