The Data Controller is J.L. Bradshaw.
We fully endorse and adhere to the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation and Irish data protection legislation. Specifically, we are committed to:
- Obtaining and processing information fairly.
- Keeping information only for specified, explicit and lawful purposes.
- Using and disclosing information only in ways compatible with these purposes.
- Keeping information safe, secure, accurate, complete and up to date.
- Ensuring that information is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Retaining information for no longer than is necessary for the specified purpose or purposes.
- Giving a copy of personal data to the individual from whom it was taken on written request.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
What type of information is collected from you?
J.L. Bradshaw collects information such as:
- phone number
- e-mail address
- business or delivery address (for online purchases)
- vehicle registration number (for Car Parts Requests)
If you fill out the contact form or car parts requests form on the website, this information will be sent to us.
USES MADE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data that we hold to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- comply with legislation; and/or
- notify you about changes to our services.
We do not sell, rent or share any of your personal information with any other party including any third-party joint promoters, nor use it for unapproved commercial purposes. Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary to complete a booking, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails) or because it is in our legitimate interests. We require the information outlined in the previous section to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Send you service emails (purchase/order confirmation).
- Improve our products and services.
- Send marketing communications ONLY if you have opted in to receive them.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not pass your details to any third parties for marketing purposes unless you have expressly permitted us to. Furthermore, you can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
This website may provide links to a number of other websites that we believe might offer you useful information and services. However, those sites may not follow the same privacy policies as J.L. Bradshaw. Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of any third parties, including without limitation, any web site owners whose sites may be reached through this Site, nor can we control the activities of those web sites. We urge you to contact the relevant parties controlling these sites or accessing their on-line policies for the relevant information about their data collection practices before submitting any personal information or other sensitive data.
HOW AND WHERE DO WE STORE DATA?
As an individual, under EU law you have certain rights to apply to us to provide information or make amendments to how we process data relating to you. These rights apply in certain circumstances and are set out below: -
- The right to access data relating to you (‘access right’).
- the right to rectify/correct data relating to you (‘right to rectification’).
- The right to object to processing of data relating to you (‘right to object’).
- The right to restrict the processing of data relating to you (‘right to restriction’).
- The right to erase/delete data relating to you (i.e. the “right to erasure”).
- The right to ‘port’ certain data relating to you from one organisation to another (‘right to data portability’).
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Small pieces of information, stored in simple text files, placed on your computer by a website. Cookies can be read by the website on your subsequent visits. The information stored in a cookie may relate to your browsing habits on the web page, or a unique identification number so that the website can "remember" you on your return visit. Generally speaking, cookies do not contain personal information from which you can be identified, unless you have explicitly provided such information to a website
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES MAY BE USED ON THIS WEBSITE?
STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES
Strictly Necessary Cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around this website and use its features. We use these Cookies to enable the services which you have specifically asked for.
Performance Cookies are Cookies which collect information on how visitors use a website, i.e. which pages visitors go to most. We use these Cookies to collect information anonymously on the pages which you have visited.
Examples of Performance Cookies that may be used on this site:
Functional Cookies are Cookies which allow the website to remember choices made by the user (name, address, language). We use these Cookies to remember choices made to improve our user's experience.
Advertising Cookies are Cookies which are used to deliver adverts more relevant to a user's interests. They remember that a user has viewed a website before. They are often linked to the functionality of the site. We use these Cookies to collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Third party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than the website that is being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website, this would be a third-party cookie.
Examples of third party cookies that may be used on this site:
Google Adwords: collects statistical information about use and conversion.
Google Remarketing: allows advertising to users who have visited the site.
Facebook: social media sharing.
Twitter: social media sharing.
Double Click: Google-powered digital marketing tools.
Cookies used by us enable us to improve our website and to deliver a more personalised service for you.
HOW TO DELETE OR SET COOKIE OPTIONS IN BROWSERS
If you don't want to receive cookies, you can modify your browser settings; the Help function within your browser explains how to change these settings. You can also visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to manage cookies on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
You can delete the cookies stored on your device or alternatively you can change your privacy settings on your browser via the following links.
Please note that by blocking cookies, you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website, in particular the use of the booking engine to complete a reservation.
- Open the 'Menu' (icon) on the toolbar
- Go to the 'Privacy' section and click on 'Content Settings'
- In the 'Cookies' section, you can choose how cookies are used when you browse using Chrome
- Open 'Privacy & Security'
- Select 'Internet Options'
- Choose the 'Internet' zone
- Identify the security level 'High' for this zone